Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting close! Maybe



It has just started to hit me how soon Drayton could be here.  Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks which means about 4 more left!  I'm having weekly check-ups now.  At my last appointment, everything still looked good.  I asked Dr. Doerrfeld to guess when he thought I would go into labor and how big he thought Drayton would be.  Of course he prefaced it with the fact that you never know, but guessed I would deliver around week 38 or 39 and he would be 6 lbs., 10 oz.  I will be pretty impressed if he's right.

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy throughout the day and night which Dr. D said could either mean that my body is getting geared up for labor or they could go away and I could go past my due date.  So basically, you never know.  So I am getting prepared to go any day and also prepared to go past my due date.  So basically, I've just told you a lot of nothing. 


I am feeling relatively OK.  I know a lot of women just feel awful throughout their pregnancies.  I've been pretty lucky, but lately, I am definitely uncomfortable.  He still likes to hang out under my ribs which hurts enough, but when I have a BH contraction on top of that, it traps him under it and hurts really bad until the contraction lets up.  This makes sleeping very difficult.

So anyways, here I am at 36 weeks.  The maternity shirts are no longer long enough.  I wonder what in the world tall or even average height people do!  The bellybutton is definitely super poked out and weird looking.  That's all for now.  Sorry it is a bit more wordy than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment