Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Uterus

As I am watching the state of the union address, I will give you my own state of the uterus address.  The state of my uterus is high and low.  Drayton is still wedged up under my rib and I fear that he will continue to do so until he is out.  At the same time he is also pretty low and as my mother pointed out to me the other day on Skype, I can't close my legs when I am sitting down b/c the belly is in the way.  He sometimes feels like he is trying to punch his way out.  My belly is also swelling to epic proportions (much like the unemployment rates).  I have maybe 2 or 3 shirts that still fit.  Definitely 2 shirts that I don't have to tug on to make sure that my panel doesn't show in the front.  I also have 2 dresses that still fit.  So, it is time.  We are definitely ready to have this sucker.   
This is my 39 week picture.  Not the most flattering, but definitely funny.


Here's a more traditional pose.



Stay tuned!  We are hoping we will have some more exciting news before the next weekly update of another belly picture.  

6 comments:

  1. Great title to this post! I'm so excited for you guys.... make sure you let the news travel to Nashville! Praying for a fast (& soon) delivery. You look precious!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! You made me laugh this morning and your address is so much more interesting than last night's!!! As the song says: "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go"!! Anytime now, Drayton! We are ready to hold you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that little guy comes soon....Your poor little tummy cant get much bigger! Keep us posted and we are praying for a happy, healthy mom and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep waiting for a call from Linda! Praying for all three of you guys! Love you---Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow. Those pictures of you don't even look real - you look so thin and your belly looks so huge!!!

    ReplyDelete