Saturday, January 16, 2010

37 weeks and last date


It feels good to have made it to 37 weeks.  I am hoping he will stay in for another 3 weeks (or as long as he needs!) but it is nice to know that we have at least crossed the threshold of being considered "full term".  I've actually felt better this last week than the week before.  Last week, I was thinking, "I don't think I'm going to make it!"  Where this week it wouldn't surprise me if I made it.  So once again, who knows. 

I had another appointment on Monday and everything still looks good.  And if you're wondering, I don't know if I'm dilated at all yet b/c I'm not getting checked.  I don't see the point unless I go overdue.  Dr. D agrees, so that's that.  The appointment was pretty funny though b/c the nurse didn't really understand why and was pretty confused.  I also had a Braxton Hicks contraction when the  Dr. was trying to check Drayton's heartbeat.  So we had to wait a minute or two until it was over.

Drayton is just as active as ever.  He has added a new move to his repertoire.  Not only does he jab me on the right, he has started switching it up and hitting my left side every now and then.  I think it is just to keep me on my toes.  Or he might be getting mad that I am pretty good at blocking and shoving his foot away, so he is getting creative and making me use both hands to block him.  It actually does hurt, but always makes me laugh.  Well, maybe not always make me laugh.  I have called him a little punk a few times.  Forgive me.  And I also pinched his foot.  Forgive me again.  He might still be in the womb but it is never too early to start discipline! haha

Ty and I also took our last date tonight.  It is kind of weird that it is just the 2 of us for just a little longer!  So it was nice to get to go out without needing a babysitter for one more time!

1 comment:

  1. You still look precious! We are waiting for our call and can't wait to see Drayton and hold him!

    ReplyDelete