Thursday, December 24, 2009

34 weeks and a little scare!

Well, I am now 34 weeks as of today and according to Baby Center, Drayton should be about 4 3/4 pounds and 18 in. long.   I believe the 18 in. long since he simultaneously shoves up under my ribs and kicks down on my leg sending shooting pains.  The tiredness is definitely coming back.  I've gone back to about a nap a day. 

So, for my little scare, I've had Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then for about 10 weeks.  Well, last night, they decided to kick it into high gear.  I was having one about every 5 minutes.  So after staying calm for about 6 in a row, I started to freak out from the 7th through the 15th.  I looked up anything I could about them and found that if you have more than 4 in an hour, go to the hospital.  Well, considering I'd had about 13 in an hour, I started to panic.  We were fairly close to going to the hospital when my doctor called me back and told me not to worry and just go to sleep.  I liked that option better, so that's what we did!  They continued through the night, but today have been much better today.

We thought for a moment we might have an extra special Christmas present!  We're glad we just got the snow instead.  Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment