Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Settling in

It is so nice to be home!  We are all definitely getting a lot more rest here.  He has just been the best baby so far!  He is sleeping well at night and having some good awake time during the day.  He is nursing well and is just so sweet!  I thought he might be trouble with as much as he punished me int he womb, but I guess we found out, he just didn't have any more room!  He's a big little boy. We've already had to move up to a size 1 diaper b/c the newborns were too small which is pretty funny to me.

He got his blood test done in the hospital for his CF screening, so we should get those results back in about a week.  We are still hoping and praying that he will not have it. 

I'm definitely still feeling the effects of the birth.  I just can't wait to feel like myself again and feel like I can actually move.  I am just so thankful he is out of me and we got to have a healthy birth.  It is just so amazing when look back along the way the way God has taken care of us in even the little things like providing us an amazing Dr. and nurses who were so supportive of the way we wanted to give birth.  We are just so thankful and happy!  So without further ado, here are some more pictures of the little bruiser.


He is starting to hold up his head (which is a little big and is already to big for Aunt Marcia's hat she made for him!)


A little skin to skin time with Daddy!

In his carseat on the way home for the first time!  Thanks for the hat Kara!

Caden came bearing gifts (a bat and a fox) for his new cousin.

Nap time with Slappy



I am so hoping that is a possible dimple!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ty & Janelle! He is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, he is such a beautiful baby! And it's not wrong to call a boy beautiful - I just call em like I see em :) I'm glad you're home and doing well, going home after giving birth is one of the best feelings ever! That, and the first time you wash your hair. Have fun soaking up all that baby time with that sweet little (big) boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he's sooo sweet and (maybe you shouldn't say it about a boy) so pretty!!! And he has alot of hair!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a precious little chunk of love!! I love all of those pictures and need some to put in frames!! Can't wait to see him again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little boy! So glad you are settling in well at home. Hope you feel back to your old self soon! That is a terrific feeling!

    ReplyDelete