Sunday, January 16, 2011

11 months!

Maybe I have been procrastinating on this post since it is the last one until he is 1! 
At 11 months, Drayton is beginning to show a little spirit.  While this means that the defiance is beginning, it also is exciting to see that he has some spunk.  He has quickly learned that sometimes older kids take your toys away.  So, he has started to either fight back, guard his toys, or tell them "No No"  as he shakes his head no.  It is kind of hard to know what to do.  I totally understand him wanting to defend himself, but I don't want him to hit!

He is still crawling like crazy, but he is beginning to pull up on things and walk around while holding onto them.  I love watching him walk the perimeter of his crib.  As for his size, we recently went to the doctor again, and he has gained a whopping 1 pound in 6 months!  The boy eats and eats and eats until his belly is about to pop.  He must have a really high metabolism!  As for eating, Drayton has decided he is a big boy and weaned himself.  Weaning began unintentionally when I gave him a bottle.  He decided he loved the bottle so much that was all he wanted!  So, he is totally weaned now.  It makes me sad when I let myself think about it, but at the same time, it is pretty nice!

He is saying all kinds of words that all sound like nothing to most people but Ty and I know what they mean!  He says duh for Coda, Da for Dad, Mama, Night night, bah for bottle and ball, no, buh for puffs.  He is also babbling more where it sounds like he is actually speaking in sentences.  It is pretty funny. 

He is still a friendly little guy and will go to most people.  He really loves to explore the less travelled areas of the house and see what he can dig up.  He still really loves music and dancing.  It is hilarious to watch him dance.  He just makes us laugh and smile so much!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, can it be? The one year birthday is right around the corner?? He is such a little angel. I am so happy that our boys are growing up together! I can't get enough of Drayton's sweet little face. Come play soon!

    ReplyDelete