Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Goodbye to birthing class

We had our final labor and delivery class Monday.  I know Ty is sad that now on Monday nights, instead of going and talking about breastfeeding, contractions, and crowning, he will have to watch Monday night football.  I'm actually glad as well that it is over.  It was good info, but mostly because I learned what the standard hospital procedures were and that my OBGYN is one of the few willing to go against them. 

Speaking of OBGYN, we had our last monthly checkup yesterday.  Ty got to go with me and meet the Dr.  (I switched Doctors as of last month, so that's why Ty is just now getting to meet him.) Everything still looked good.  At my request, though, he is changing my due date to 2/4/10 based on my calculations of when Drayton actually came into this world. I wanted it changed b/c I don't want to be induced if at all possible and this will give him an "extra" week to cook if he needs it.  Hopefully he won't need it, but you never know.  So we will start going every 3 weeks, and then soon it will be 2!!! Sorry for the lack of pictures.  I will post my (now) 29 week pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. That a girl - way to stand your ground! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you have a Doc willing to listen!!! Way to be educated! I loved our Bradley classes but, was so glad to be done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete